Monday, September 12, 2011

Kimalee Blake-My view on what is "feminist" work of literature?

Many people have different views as well as definition for what is a feminist work. My views on a feminist work literature are different different form of literature such as art, novels, and even music. These forms, may express internal as well as external feelings towards men and the way society portray them to be.
I also view feminist literature as women rebelling against what men as well las society characterized them to be; which are stay at home wives and caretakers. This form of literature may debate on the treatment of women; analyze the different between men and women based on the roles they play in society. I agree with my fellow classmate Caitlinmarie Ramirez when she wrote in her blog, "Theses work focus on the stuggles of womankind as well as their strengths in overcoming obstacles. Various themes that come about in "feminist" works would be gender inequalities, economic inequalities, sexuality, and other topics related to woman's natural rights." As I stated before, I agree with this quote because I believe feminist literature overall, are mainly written by woman rebelling against the sterotypes about what should do instead of what they can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment